Executive Director Position Opening – Cypress Hills Camp
Posted December 19, 2023
Who We Are
Cypress Hills Camp is a Christian camp nested in the beautiful Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, on the Saskatchewan side. We run summer camps in July and August and host church-based groups year-round. This mission and vision of Cypress is: Access, Impact, Integrate
Access: Create fun and accessible programming that reaches the campers in our region.
Impact: Show campers the transformational love of Jesus Christ by demonstrating Christlikeness.
Integrate: Connect interested campers to a local church community where they can be invested-in and discipled.
Who We’re Looking For
The Executive Director role is integral to the overall vision and mission of the camp. Cypress Hills Camp is seeking a strong Christian leader, with a proven heart for discipleship and camp ministry. The Executive Director works in conjunction with the board of directors to ensure the camp runs safely and effectively, and provides a level of consistency and clarity. Cypress Hills Camp is seeking a candidate that loves Jesus, loves ministry, and is dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus with staff and campers by demonstrating Christlikeness and creating authentic relationships. This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Strong leadership skills
- Leadership and camp experience an asset
- Fundraising and maintaining donor relations
- Recruiting and hiring all summer staff and volunteers
- Organization and facilitation of camp programming
- Setting the tone of camp and casting the vision for how to accomplish the camp’s mission of Access, Impact, Integrate
- Facility Management
- Act as on-site director during camp, running staff meetings, conflict management, etc.
- Organize staff training sessions
- Ensure camp operates under the governance of written policies and procedures, including Cypress Hills Camp’s statement of faith and code of conduct (available on our website: www.cypresshillscamp.ca)