Saskatchewan Camps Association was founded as a non-profit organization in the early 1960s to provide a provincial voice for the leaders of organized camps in the province. Over the years it has been effective in bringing camp leaders together for fellowship, the sharing of ideas and for their ongoing education. As we look to the future, SCA remains committed to preserving the quality and integrity of the organized camping experience in Saskatchewan.
Mission: To promote, enrich, and encourage the development of quality organized camping for all Saskatchewan people through leadership, advocacy, and provision of services.
- To promote camping as an educational, character building, therapeutic, and recreational experience.
- To provide an opportunity for fellowship and sharing among camping people.
- To encourage and provide opportunities for the ongoing education of camp leaders.
- To encourage responsible use of the natural environment and its resources by people involved in camping activities.
- To act as a liaison between camps and the provincial government by interpreting camping concerns to government and by disseminating knowledge about government legislation and programs to camp leaders.
- To develop and encourage high standards in camping.