Camps across Saskatchewan continue to be unable to run overnight camp because at this time overnight camp is still not permitted under the Provincial Public Health Orders and the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan. The SCA would love to see the return of overnight camp in 2021 with the safety of campers as the top priority. SCA member camps are always in the business of offering quality and safe camp programs. They are dedicated to reducing all types of risks, including the transmission of COVID-19.
Tell our Premier that we need overnight camps open this summer
Who can help us advocate for the future of camp? Camp staff, summer staff, alumni, campers, parents, board members, camp volunteers, teachers, local businesses, ANYONE WHO LOVES CAMP!
WHAT YOU SHOULD INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAIL TO PREMIER MOE
- Who you are and where you live
- Feel free to add your age or where you go to school if you are a camper. If you are a parent if you feel comfortable, share the ages of your children.
- Why Camp Matters: Write why overnight camp is important to you.
- Be to the point, firm and direct. Do not worry about it being lengthy, use your own words – this will come across as authentic. Speak from the heart.
- Our ask: The SCA is asking our provincial government to lift PHOs restricting overnight camps from running.
- Ask the government to provide summer overnight camps with the green light to run this summer and for guidelines so we can plan for the details.
- Ask that your email receives follows up, e.g. “I look forward to hearing from you on this matter.”
- State the facts and ask for a solution – write with kindness.
- CC the Saskatchewan Camps Association ([email protected]), so it is clear you are working in conjunction with us.
Premier Scott Moe – [email protected]
CC. Minister Jeremy Harrison, Minister of TED and responsible for the Business Response Team – [email protected]
CC. your local MLA
FINDING YOUR MLAS EMAIL ADDRESS
- Go to https://www.elections.sk.ca/voters/gis/
- In the search bar under ADDRESS LOOKUP enter your full address and click the ‘submit’ button – the constituency information should appear
- Click on the link under the MLAs name to redirect you to their contact information on the https://www.legassembly.sk.ca/mlas/ page where you will find their:
- First and Last Name
- Name of Constituency
- Contact Information: Their email address will be listed on the bottom right corner of this biography page.
Success! You have just brought your camp’s needs to the Premier’s attention.