One Hope Canada Ministries
The site manager will be responsible to oversee the operation of all the buildings at camp. It will include maintenance of all buildings, equipment, and yard site. Good working knowledge in electrical, construction, plumbing and mechanical will be required. This job is full-time year around employment.
- Keep all buildings in good repair.
- Be able to fix any plumbing issues in the water and septic system
- Operate the camp owned equipment
- Be able to fix minor electrical problems
- Have a good working knowledge of the water system and its maintenance
- Comfortable in servicing the mechanical equipment owned by the camp
- Able to follow the SOP manual which contains the facility operations and repair.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Sound spiritual life as a follower of Christ. Imperative to have a good testimony.
- Good working knowledge of construction, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical.
- A good self-starter and able to work on your own.
- Able to troubleshoot problems and then fix them.
- Able to maintain and operate skid steer, backhoe, and other motorized equipment.
- Able to handle most service work on the equipment.
- Good communicator and team member.
- Able to organize some volunteer help in the summer months.
- Spiritual leader – Can be a competent mentor to the staff and a good example
- Dependable – can be relied upon to the work necessary to keep the camp in good repair and full operation
- Good testimony – with peers and the constituency
- Cooperation – able to work well with the existing team and board
- Can see work that needs to be done and then do it.
Lines of communication:
- The mission field representative
- The immediate camp board
- The Director of operations
- The site manager.
- Fulltime employment
- Must go through the application procedure with One Hope Canada
- Live on-site in a new house
- Good year-round access to a rural gravel road (20 min) then pavement to the city.
Note the former Facility Director will work alongside and train you in all operations for your first 6 month period.