Position Title: Ranch Summer Director, Circle Square Ranch Wolf Creek
Terms: Full-Time Contract (40 hours per week) 4-6 months
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Wolseley, SK
InterVarsity staff walk alongside and support young people from childhood through to young adulthood. We do this in a variety of ways: by welcoming them to spend significant time at our camps and by helping them establish communities of faith with their high school, college, universities and workplace peers. We are especially interested in helping young people navigate significant transitions in life: from high school to college and university, and from there into workplaces.
In partnership with the Saskatchewan Director, the role of Ranch Summer Director is as follow:
- To lead and recruit the team of staff entrusted with the stewardship of Circle Square Ranch Wolf Creek and the care of all the campers, volunteers, and those who spend time here.
- To plan and run summer camps between July and August.
The Ranch is ideally situated as a center from which our mission to children, youth and young adults grows and develops.
The Ranch is a quarter section of property with horses, waterfront and facilities that can host up hundreds of summer campers and retreat groups.
Qualities and Experience
- A commitment to being a growing disciple of Jesus Christ and to a local church
- A sense of calling from God to invest your life in helping young people discover Jesus.
- A commitment to leading collaboratively, with a servant heart
- A love for people and concern for their flourishing
- An ability to lead teams in visioning and developing strategies for ministry
- A commitment to building a team of full-time staff, volunteers and ministry partners
- An understanding that the work we do is only possible as God leads and resources us
- An ability to steward and manage financial resources
- An ability to network in ways that lead to partnership development in the areas of prayer, financial giving and volunteering
- An ability to recruit, train, develop and support staff
- The capacity to take responsibility for and ensure the whole team is giving priority to:
- Care and safety of children and youth in our care
- Care for all guests to the Ranch
- The site and facilities
- The horse herd
- The development of programs that are innovative, engaging and fun
- Your own growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Creativity and innovation
- Working together as a community
- Alignment with InterVarsity’s Statement of Belief, Code of Conduct and Missional goals
InterVarsity carries out its mission through nine camps and more than 60 communities of faith in high schools, colleges, universities and workplaces across Canada and is a part of the wider IFES movement (International Fellowship of Evangelical Students) serving in over 150 countries around the world.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.