One Hope Canada Ministries
Stoney Lake Bible Camp
Job Description for Head Cook:
The Head Cook will be responsible to plan and make meals each week for large groups. They will be responsible to oversee the kitchen helpers for the summer. Being a team player is a must. You will need to have your Safe Food Handling course.
- Cook for school rentals in June and for camp in July and August
- Meal prep
- Oversee the menu for the weeks of camp
- Make sure meals are ready in a timely manner
- Order all grocery, dairy, meat, and other necessary supplies
Qualifications and requirements:
- Follower of Christ with a good testimony
- Safe food handling course
- Good self-starter.
- Able to work well with all staff and volunteers.
- Help Train Stoney Work Crew staff in their responsibilities in the kitchen
- Able to handle large food volumes and sizable groups.
- Spiritual leader – you will have opportunity to mentor some staff
- Good working knowledge of food services
- Well organized
- Able to operate a large kitchen
- Able to work with a kitchen coordinator
- Do inventory and order all supplies for food services
- Keep walk-in cooler and freezer clean
- Able to organize so that by end of summer there is a minimum of supplies
- Be a good shopper
- Modern and well-equipped kitchen
- Employment from May to end of August
- Onsite housing supplied
Line of Communication:
- One hope Canada field director
- Stoney camp board
- Stoney Executive Director
Contact Jason Leo by emailing [email protected], or call 306-920-0882 for more information or to apply.