One Hope Canada Ministries
Stoney Lake Bible Camp
Job Description for Food services coordinator:
The food services coordinator will be responsible to make sure that the kitchen is ready to operate by the beginning of May. They will be responsible to see that the kitchen is staffed as necessary, and ordering the supplies to operate for the summer. You will need to have your Safe Food Handling course.
- Initial cleaning and prep of the kitchen
- Cook for school rentals
- Cook for weekend camps
- Oversee the menu for the weeks of camp
- Order all grocery, dairy, meat, and other necessary supplies
- Recruit cooks to help for the summer weeks.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Follower of Christ with a good testimony
- Safe food handling course
- Good self-starter.
- Able to work well with all staff and volunteers.
- Train Stoney Work Crew staff in their responsibilities in the kitchen
- Able to handle large food volumes and sizable groups. (This could morph into Head cook)
- Spiritual leader – you will have the opportunity to mentor some staff
- Good working knowledge of food services
- Well organized
- Able to operate a large kitchen
- Able to work with a head cook
- Do inventory and order all supplies for food services
- Keep walk-in cooler and freezer clean
- Able to organize so that by end of summer there is a minimum of supplies left
- Lots of cleaning involved
- Be a good shopper
- Modern and well-equipped kitchen
- Employment from Mid-April to end of September
- Modern onsite housing supplied
- Involves many weekends of work. Other time off scheduled
Line of Communication:
- One hope Canada field director
- Stoney camp board
- Stoney Director
Of Note: The current Food services coordinator will work for the first full summer and train you in the duties and responsibilities. You won’t be in this alone!