Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Camp Manager and under the direction of the Facility Foreperson, Facility Support positions are responsible for the safe maintenance of camp property, buildings, grounds and equipment. This includes participation in all aspects of building and property maintenance such as mowing and trimming grass, removing waste and recycling; maintaining buildings, paths and patios; performing minor maintenance and repair duties; and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Experience in property maintenance and grounds keeping
- Safe working knowledge of operation of equipment (e.g., mowers, chainsaws, power tools, etc.)
- Experience with vehicle, boat, all-terrain vehicle and tractor operation and maintenance is an asset
- Experience with painting and staining is considered an asset
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a busy outdoor environment and manage lifting, standing, and carrying objects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training, or willingness to take training
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.