Executive Director, Camp Elim
(a camping ministry of Mennonite Church Saskatchewan)
Camp Elim invites applications for the position of Executive Director (ED), starting as soon as possible
(flexible start date). This position is a permanent, full-time position. Year-round living at Lac Pelletier is
expected, and housing will be provided as part of the employment package.
Camp Elim is a not-for-profit Christian camp located on beautiful Lac Pelletier in Southwest
Saskatchewan, 48 kilometres south of Swift Current. Camp Elim provides accommodations,
meeting/banquet facilities, water sport capabilities and camp programs for businesses, churches,
schools, and children of all ages.
- The Executive Director of Camp Elim is responsible for fulfilling the camp’s mission statement
and providing overall vision and leadership to the organization.
- The Executive Director maintains and manages overall responsibility for the camp program
including staffing, program development, implementation, and management.
- The Executive Director is accountable to the Camp Elim Board. The ED will work with the Board
of Directors to establish goals and a long term strategy for Camp Elim. It is the duty of the
Executive Director to implement the policies and directives of the Board.
- Relationship building within and outside of the Lac Pelletier community will be a large part of
the ED’s responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage all leadership staff positions and counseling staff.
- Organize the summer camp program.
- Represent Camp Elim and communicate the vision of the camp to the wider community.
- Develop and maintain Camp Elim exposure on the Internet.
- Oversee the Camp Elim facility and all of its operations.
- Develop and guide fund raising campaigns.
- Administer the Camp Elim office making sure all applications, emails, phone calls and mail are
answered and processed.
- Handle any complaints from Parents, Customers, and staff with compassion and grace.
Candidates should have senior leadership experience or be able to demonstrate that they are ready for
this level of challenge. Experience with people and financial management would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate should uphold the vision and mission of Mennonite Church Saskatchewan.
Preference will be given to those candidates that possess leadership in a non-profit environment.
Remuneration details are available from the Board Chairperson.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Camp Elim 78-6th Ave. NE Swift Current, SK S9H 2L7
Attn: Camp Elim Board of Directors
Please visit Mennonite Church Saskatchewan’s website for further information on our governing
organization and Confession of Faith.
*For more information on Camp Elim’s mission, core values, and strategic direction, please review the
Camp Elim Mission:
To provide a unique Christian camping experience
- To provide faith-based leadership and training for our program as well as our Summer Staff that
encourages spiritual development and personal integrity
- To keep programs creative, relevant, rewarding, safe, fun and challenging
- To foster friendships that build self-esteem, independence and respect
- To kindle a desire to know Jesus and His unconditional love
- To be faithful to the purpose for which our resources have been given
- Christ Centered – in agreement with Anabaptist Theology; Christ is our source, The Bible our
foundation and the Holy Spirit our fuel.
- Build Relationships- We empower our staff, volunteers, campers and guests to grow
relationships, skills and dream big in a vulnerable and prayer centered community.
- Globally Minded – We strive to be globally focused learning from other cultures and sharing
Jesus with them to meet their physical and spiritual needs
- Nature Focused – We strive to show God’s glory in the beauty of his creation that surrounds us
in the setting of Lac Pelletier. We teach respect and stewardship toward nature.