Duties and responsibilities: Reporting to and working with the Camp Manager and Information Technology Manager the Digital & Media Specialist will contribute to an engaging, inclusive, and interactive online experience for campers experiencing disabilities by designing and implementing user friendly digital media and web content. The successful candidate will also engage and solicit technical and program stakeholders for input and feedback and then implement those results into a new online microsite for a virtual camp delivery model. This key staff member is an integral part of the summer staff team and will provide support to program staff team members in fulfilling their roles in program delivery;
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or degree in a related technical field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Experience with web development and social media platforms
- Previous experience working or volunteering with persons experiencing disability
- Website programming using PHP, SQL, HTML or other languages
- Familiarity with online web hosting platforms would be an asset
- Comfort with social media and streaming services and apps
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to define, schedule and coordinate deliverables
- Manage multiple tasks that involve planning, designing and delivering solutions
- Self-motivated and requirement to work with multiple stakeholders in a project based setting
- Take an active role and assist with program delivery through supporting and participating in aspects of camp life
- Works on-site (mid-May through August) at Camp Easter Seal, Manitou Beach, in both an office environment and in various locations on the property.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.