Job Title: Camp Manager
St. John Bosco Wilderness Camp is seeking a responsible, qualified individual to oversee youth camp operations. Bosco is a life changing experience for both campers and staff. If you are a hard-working individual who loves the great outdoors and bringing happiness into the lives of youth, an incredible summer could be waiting for you at Bosco.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Camp Manager is a year-round position. During the camping season from May to September, the manager lives on site at Zeden Lake in Narrow Hills Provincial Park, Saskatchewan where room and board are provided. The Camp Manager is responsible and accountable for all activities on camp property in a way that honours Bosco values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of camp activities and programs, including the conduct of staff and volunteers.
- Coordinating the opening and closing of camp each season.
- Communicating with parents, vendors and park officials.
- Acting as custodian of camp property and all camp assets.
- Ensuring acceptable recreational and spiritual programming is in place.
- Enforcing camp policies and procedures.
- Managing camp financials within the established budget.
- Supporting and guiding the development of staff.
- Maintaining a safe environment for campers and staff, including coordinating emergency evacuation procedures when necessary.
The Camp Manager hires one or more Camp Directors each summer to assist with operations.
Throughout the year and during the off-season, the Camp Manager is also responsible for various administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the Board of Directors in operational initiatives such as fundraising, marketing, program development, budgeting, etc.
- Applying for community and government grants on behalf of camp.
- Recruitment of staff and volunteers.
- Preparing and processing camper registrations.
- Responding to public inquiries about camp programs.
- Attending monthly Board of Director meetings and reporting on camp operations.
The Board of Directors is prepared to negotiate specific responsibilities with the selected applicant based on strengths and interests.
We are looking for an individual with experience in the following areas:
- Outdoor wilderness camping.
- Financial management.
- Organizational management.
- Scheduling and planning.
- Supervising, encouraging, and directing staff and volunteers.
- Leadership development.
- Adaptability to software applications.
- Ability to work closely alongside a Board of Directors.
- Regular, personal, and business interaction with the public.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Saskatchewan Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent.
- Eligible to live and work in Saskatchewan.
- A clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
Submitting an Application
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to [email protected]. Questions about this position are also accepted by email, or by phone at 1-844-SJBOSCO.
The target start date for this position is May 2022 to allow for shadowing with our current manager, however there is flexibility available.
For more information about St. John Bosco Wilderness Camp, visit johnboscocamp.com.